After looking at the Zen Buddhist Temple, Bongwonsa, I got to know why people spend their time trying to look for their religion. Although there are numerous of reasons, I think that the basic reason is to "understand the world better". Since it is now 21st century, the technologies are highly developed and it is very helpful for people to find new discoveries. However, there are still many mysteries that scientist cannot answer. Instead, the answers can be found in the religions depending on which you believe in. For example, the two most common questions that every people come up with at least once in their life is "Where do people go after death?" and "How was human being formed or created?" These questions cannot be answered by using technology or anything else except for religions. Such as, if you believe in Buddhism, then it means that what you are believing in is 'reincarnation'. Also Christians believe that the Earth, human beings, and any other living and nonliving things are created by God based on the Bible. Anyways, I think religion is also just a myth in my opinion because I am an atheist. However, this is only in my perspective, and everyone have their own thinking about the relationships between religion and mysteries.
No comments:
Post a Comment